Monday, January 16, 2012

Weighing In

So I have waited all week in anticipation for this day! I have eaten healthy. There were probably a couple of meals I could have done better with. I did stay under my calorie goal for every day though. I worked out three straight days for the week, getting in over 3 miles walked. I felt really good. I felt I would have a decent number. I awoke excited and scared all at the same time this morning. My eyes were still blurry as I stepped on the scale. Numbers starting turning....253.6. I rubbed my eyes to make sure I was seeing it right. I got off of the scale and got back on it, same number. I gained one pound.....O*N*E P*O*U*N*D!!! What the crap? was my first thought. Then I felt I just wanted to cry. How could that be? I worked so very hard. To go from being a person who hardly ate anything throughout the day, not making good food choices, and not exercising....to a person who watches what they are eating and making healthy choices and being active. WHY? I know it doesn't happen overnight, but I thought I would have something to show for all of the hard work I've done.

I put the scale away. I went to a meeting at work. When I got back home....still wallowing in self pity...I got back on the scale. I figured since I hadn't eaten yet, and got moving a little maybe it would show something different. Numbers turning once again....252.8. That's pretty much the same that I weighed last week, so still no difference. I have received all kinds of support and encouraging words and made a decision for myself.

I could do one of two things....1. Continue to wallow in my self pity and give up, or 2. Let this fury motivate me to push harder and do even better. I choose option 2! I realize that even though I didn't lose a pound, I have gained so much these past two weeks. I do have several things to show for all of my hard work. Stomach issues that I've had for 2 years are going away, I have so much more energy....I feel good about myself and what I am doing!! Those are things to be proud of and that is why I will continue on My Road to Wonderland!!

1 comment:

  1. One big thing you have to keep in mind when changing from a sedentary lifestyle to one that includes better choices and exercise is that you will start to build muscle. You wont always notice weight loss because you are adding muscle at the same time you are losing fat. So stick with it and keep pushing!

    I haven't read your other posts yet, but if you aren't already, try to get out and walk at least every other day even if it's only a short one. 15-20 minutes a day will get your metabolism going as well as prepare you for more vigorous cardio. After your body gets used to walking consistently, I'd recommend you try the C25K program. I can honestly say that it works!

    ReplyDelete