Friday, January 13, 2012

NO Excuses!!

I don't sleep very well at night. I take melatonin to help me sleep...I forgot to take it last night! I didn't think about it until it was too late to take it. I tossed and turned all night, my mind going one million miles a minute, like always. I wish I had a ON/OFF switch for my brain!! I finally started dozing off, until I was rudily jarred back awake by the phone ringing...Metro calling to say the kids were out of school. I managed to get a couple of crappy hours of sleep after that until Adam went in to work this morning. Needless to say I was exhausted. On top of it all, the kids are being very ugly today...too much fussing and fighting.

I was already pre-determining in my mind, that I was way too tired and too stressed to go walk on the treadmill. I was coming up with every excuse I could NOT to go....sleepy, aggravated, too cold, snow and ice on the ground, I can go tomorrow. I was on the verge of giving in, and then.....something rose up in me and I said NO! Not this time. I have given up every other time. See, what would have happened is come tomorrow I would have made another excuse and then another, and probably wouldn't see the treadmill again until next January. That's right...I said it. I'm calling myself out. I refuse to let anything get in my way this time. I will be healthy, I will like what I see in the mirror....I will be comfy in my own skin. So you know what I did? I put on my jacket, walked over to the clubhouse and got on that treadmill!!! I walked 30 minutes, 1.6 miles again today. How did I feel? Proud, so proud that I did not give up. The most rewarding part was, that exhaustion and stress just melted away. I feel FREE! I cannot wait to do it again tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment