Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Success....What does it mean?

SUCCESS.....I have thought a lot about this word today. What does it mean to me. I have been on my journey for a very short time (just 2.5 weeks), and the meaning of this word has already changed for me. When I started my journey, success meant weight loss...seeing those numbers drop on the scale. That, of course, is my ultimate goal. That, however, will not be a complete success until I reach the end result, and keep it off! Now, it's so much more than the numbers on the scale!! Take today for example. I got on the treadmill, and decided I needed to push myself a little harder. I jogged a third of my time at 4mph. While this for some is probably a very small feat, for me it's big. I have never in my life been able to jog on a treadmill for the time that I did. That to me, was a huge success. I realize that I am a lot more successful at this thing than I thought I was! I have managed every single day to better the way I eat. I have kept track of my calories and stayed under my goal. I have been working out 3 days a week, and decided to take it up to 5. I am pushing myself to reach the goals that I want to attain. I am SUCCESSFUL!!

2 comments:

  1. I've been working with a trainer at the gym. He's been showing me what I need to do for my target area's. I'm sure most of us girls have the same ones, thighs, arms, and abs! I can help show you some of the stuff he's helped me with if you want. I am sore!! So it's gotta be doing good lol. Keep up the good work girl! Remember I got that free 7 day pass too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sore too...lol. I'll do good to walk at work tonight..lol. My main target areas are my stomach, arms and back. Thanks for the support girl. Maybe I'll hit you up on the gym thing this next week!

    ReplyDelete