Monday, February 20, 2012

A Fresh Start

I am just gonna go ahead and put it out in the open and be honest. I had a horrible week last week! There were only a handful of good food choices that I made, and I did not exercise at all last week. Not one single day! I was so disappointed in myself. I did do a ton of walking with us being gone so much, but it wasn't my regular workout routine.

I have come to realize that I am not very good at being outside of my normal everday routine. That is what happened this week. We would be gone an entire day, so we either ate out or I would not eat at all until dinner. Neither one of those are good decisions. I have also realized that I beat myself up...A LOT! I did not come into this thinking it would be easy, or that I would be perfect at it. This journey has been far from that. But, I guess I expected perfect and swift results. This journey does not include that either.

I have to learn that this journey is the same as my walk with God. I am only human. There will be good days, and there will be plenty of bad. Things will not happen in my timing, but I have to keep going in the right direction to get the results I want. Just as Gods Grace is new every morning, so is my chance to start this journey anew, with better choices!

I proclaim a fresh start today!

I got on the scale this morning to see what the damage was. It was not pretty! From what the scale says, I have gained back 3 pounds. It was very upsetting to see that, but I know I have the power to change it. The good news...I bought a new pair of jeans in one size smaller this week. So, those three pounds must not have affected my body that much. I could have possibly lost inches from all of the walking I did!

Yes, I steered off of the beaten path for a bit, but now I am back on my way to Wonderland!

No comments:

Post a Comment